We created the fund with BCT Projects partners EECOL Electric and Pacific Electrical Installations (PEI) because we share the belief that being smart about Indigenous engagement is about getting people job-ready for any industry, not just our own. The fund exists to:
- Promote and advance training, employment, and education of Indigenous peoples and communities
- Assist Indigenous peoples in obtaining and maintaining employment
- Provide funding to individuals and groups in support of training, employment, and education of Indigenous peoples
- Build, strengthen, and support in-community economic development resources and capabilities
In addition to founding members, EECOL, PEI, and BCT Projects, the following companies are members of the fund:
- Arrow Transportation Systems Inc.
- The B&B Contracting Group
- Jacob Bros Construction
- Primary Engineering & Construction
- Viking Projects Ltd.
- Puzzlewood Communication Inc.
- Read the 2020/2021 annual report here.
- Read the 2019 annual report here.
- Read the 2018 annual report here.
The concept is simple: fund members come from Industry and pool their investment to create a more significant impact. Download our brochure here.
If you are interested in joining the Fund or applying for a grant, please contact Leonard Jackson at 250.571.4339.